After years of effective Multilingual Learner (ML) policy and advocacy efforts, California educators and education leaders are uniquely positioned to work together to support the systemic implementation of high-quality instructional practices for MLs statewide. All students, including MLs, deserve access to high-quality education where linguistic diversity is seen as an asset to the school, the community, and the state. The success of MLs is critical to the success of California’s education system and the state’s future prosperity.
The Emerging Bilingual Collaborative is accepting letters of interest (LOIs) from applicants seeking support as they identify ways to redesign or enhance their professional learning systems to meet the needs of MLs, building on the instructional practices and resources in the Multilingual Learning Toolkit: Resources for Supporting PreK-3rd Multilingual Children.
The Collaborative will select up to 10 applicants for funding and to participate in a Community of Practice (CoP). This grant program structure will include the following:
- Funding: The Collaborative will issue grants up to $200,000 to eligible applicants (see below for eligibility requirements).
- CoP for Grantee Leadership Team: Each grantee leadership team, in partnership with their respective technical assistance providers or other partners, will participate in a CoP from October 2021 to September 2023.
They invite LOIs from:
- A local educational agency (LEA)–this includes public school districts, charter school networks or other LEAs; a Quality Counts lead agency; a county office of education (COE); or a local planning council (LPC) applying through their COE or with an identified lead representative of the LPC.
- Note: Technical assistance (TA) providers can apply in partnership with one or more of the eligible applicants listed above.
- They encourage collaborations that include partnerships of Early Learning partners and LEAs (e.g., Quality Counts Lead Agency and LEA).
LOIs are due on Friday, July 9, 2021 at 5 pm (PDT).
To learn more, see detailed eligibility requirements, and find the link to apply, click here. You can also see the full LOI description in PDF format here. Please send questions related to this LOI process to [email protected].
They’ll also host webinars and office hours to answer questions. Please join them!
- Office Hours
They look forward to working together to support the needs of California’s youngest Multilingual Learners.
Emerging Bilingual Collaborative, a project of New Venture Fund, is supported by the following foundations: