(April – June 2021)
- Early Learning Advocates and Lawmakers Applaud President Biden’s American HFamilies Plan for Supporting Universal Preschool, Child Care, and More
- Leading Early Learning Advocates Applaud Governor’s Budget Commitment to Fund Pre-K for All and Early Learning in California
- Early Edge California Applauds Family Child Care Providers Successfully Negotiating First Contract in California
Fact Sheets/Policy Briefs/Other Resources
- California’s Current Efforts to Support DLLs – new interactive tool from Early Edge
- Early Edge’s Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) Resources Page
- Early Edge’s Federal Child Care Legislation Resource Page
- AB 1363 Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet: The Benefits of High-Quality Pre-K
- Summary: NIEER’s Advocating for High-Quality Preschool
- Fact Sheet: Birth to Five Parent Poll One-Pager from The Education Trust-West and Partners
- Policy Report: Providing ECE During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Perspectives from Los Angeles County ECE Professionals
- Journal Article: CABE’s 2021 Multilingual Educator Magazine
- The CDE Foundation’s “Lunch Bites” Podcast: A Child’s Education Journey
- Early Edge Hosts April Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) Workgroup Meeting
- ECPC Hosts April Special Session Meeting
- Child Care Providers United Wins Supports for Providers
- Reflecting on Governor Newsom’s May Revision Budget Proposal
- San Diego Unified’s TK 4 Program Features Co-Teaching Model
- Early Edge Hosts May Meeting for Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) Workgroup
- Funding Opportunity to Support Multilingual Learners in California
- Early Edge Advisory Groups Meet to Discuss Supports for Family, Friend, and Neighbor Providers
- Early Edge California Hosts the Third Meeting of its COVID-19 Learning Community Focused on Dual Language Learners (DLLs) and English Learners (ELs) in PreK-3rd Grade
- ECPC Holds Quarter 2 Meeting in June
In The Media
- EdSource: Amid pandemic, infants especially need quality child care, reformers say, April 2, 2021.
- KQED: Newsom Proposes Universal Transitional Kindergarten, New Programs for Low-Income Students, May 12, 2021.
- EdSource: Should California offer transitional kindergarten to all 4-year-olds? May 13, 2021.
- Telemundo 33 Sacramento: Preescolar gratis: Newsom anuncia $2.7 millones para mejorar la educación, May 15, 2021.
- Univision 34 Los Angeles: Te explicamos de qué se trata la propuesta de un kinder transicional para todos los niños de 4 años en California, May 17, 2021.
- EdSource: What did he get right? Reactions to Gov. Newsom’s early education budget, May 19, 2021.
- Univision 34 Los Angeles: ¿Cuál es la importancia de que todos los niños de 4 años en California tengan acceso a un kínder transicional?, May 22, 2021.
- KNX 1070 News Radio (Los Angeles): Interview with Early Edge’s Executive Director Patricia Lozano, June 3, 2021.
- KFBK News Radio (Sacramento): Reactions to Governor Newsom’s Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Proposal, June 3, 2021.
- EdSource: Why some early childhood advocates want more transitional kindergarten choices, June 17, 2021.
- La Opinion: ¿Cómo el preescolar gratuito ayudará a los niños y a sus familias en California?, June 28, 2021.