(updated March 31, 2020)
Updates and resources at the federal level for the Early Learning community.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) Act: Implications for California
(Update 3/27/20) President Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) Act, which provides economic support in order to address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. This $2 trillion stimulus package will provide financial assistance to both individuals and childcare businesses. Early Edge California’s new summary breaks down what the package means for individuals, small business owners and self-employed workers, and businesses.
- CARES Stimulus Package Summary by Early Edge California
- Zero to Three’s How is Congress Addressing the Needs of Babies and Families
COVID-19 National Paid Family Leave Resources
- Read the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)’s Small Business Resources in Response to Coronavirus
- Webinar on Congressional and Legal Updates for Small Businesses
- Webinar on How Small Businesses, Workers, and Workplaces Should Respond to COVID-19
- US Department of Labor Resources
Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Funds: Recovery Flexibility
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) has released materials to help Lead Agencies understand the flexibilities in the CCDF law as they try to help meet the needs of families and communities in response to the spread of COVID-19.
- Click here to access ACF’s full memo on CCDF flexibility during state or federal emergencies.
- In addition, ACF has released a letter with updated resources and information about administrative relief strategies, as well as a list of FAQs about CCDF and COVID-19.
National Early Learning Partners and Organizations: Joint Letter to ACF
National partners and organizations recently wrote a letter to ACF seeking CCDF and state flexibility.
- Read their letter to the Office of Child Care Administration.
Special Federal Approval to Feed Students
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) gave the California Department of Education (CDE) a special waiver that will enable California districts to feed students during Coronavirus-related closures.
- Read the CDE News Release for more information.
COVID-19 Resources from NIEER
Information for various stakeholders working together to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
NAEYC Childcare Guidance
Recommendations for states; The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) prepared guidance about to support the childcare community in states that have closed schools.