Please join Early Edge California and partners for a virtual launch event for the NEW Multilingual Learning Toolkit website!
Celebrating Multilingualism: A Virtual Launch Event
Hosted by Early Edge California
Thursday, September 2, 2021 | 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
Early Edge California and partners are hosting a one-hour virtual event to share and celebrate the launch of the Multilingual Learning Toolkit website: a new learning hub featuring a collection of research-based key principles, instructional practices, and resources for educators and administrators supporting Multilingual Learners in PreK-3rd Grade.
During the launch event, you will have a chance to:
- Learn more about the research behind the P-3 Multilingual Learning Toolkit;
- Hear the impact of this resource from practitioner perspectives; and
- See a preview of the website and some of its key features.
- Dr. Lisa White, early childhood researcher, American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Tontra Love, Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Coach and 2019-20 Teacher of the Year, Oakland Unified School District
- Dr. Mari Riojas-Cortez, Program Chair of Early Childhood Studies, California State University-Channel Islands (CSU-CI)
PLUS! Hear from our special guest speakers who will share more about the benefits of this resource for California’s P-3 system:
- Giannina Pérez, Senior Policy Advisor for Early Childhood in the Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- Sarah Neville-Morgan, Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction, Opportunities for All Branch, California Department of Education